Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 January 2012

Happy

Hello, and welcome once again to the blog I like to call MoaN (although that didn't occur to me when I named it; pure serendipity, or my sub-conscious at work? You decide.

The reason I'm pointing out the unintentional but nevertheless accurate double-barrel title in this particular post is, somewhat illogically, and therefore faux-intellectually, because I'm NOT going to be having a moan this week. No, this week I'm happy.

This post is also NOT about my childhood. Now normally, I only break away from the miserable memoirs when I have an equally or more miserable rant to offer about my life in the present, but not this time. This time, I'm happy.

Have I got a new job? Nope, still unemployed. And barring the standing 'we'll probably have you back March/April if you find nothing else' from my previous place, there's nothing on the horizon either. This state of affairs should probably depress me, but... I'm happy.

I'm still living, somewhat embarrassingly, at my Sister's place. A state of affairs which, for a man in his 30's, may seem slightly pathetic, but I don't care... because I'm happy.

In fact, there's not a great deal of difference between my life now, and my life a week, month or year ago. To the casual observer, I should be as miserable as ever. But I'm happy.

I know why I'm happy. It's something new; it's something I didn't see coming and it's something that could fall apart at any moment, though I really hope it doesn't. It's also something I'm not telling you lot about. But I am happy.

Just thought I'd let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment