Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 August 2009

What the hell do you put in these things?

So, it's the middle of the night, I'm bored, and I spot a link on a website I frequent that apparently takes you to a place to set up a blog. It's free and it's easy. The "free" appeals to the newly unemployed dole scrounger in me and the "easy" appeals to the barely computer literate part of me that isn't even entirely sure that it knows what a blog is, exactly. What the hell, I think, it'll kill 5 minutes.

After a partcularly tricky patch were the password I use for everything can't be used for this and then another tense moment of introspection when I actually have to name the bloody thing, I'm in. I have a blog.

Which brings me back to my initial problem of not knowing precisely what a blog is. What do I do now? There's a big white square, waiting for me to fill it with something. Anything. And I've got nothing to say. The few blogs I've looked at in the past have had a point, a theme, a reason to exist. They've been by artists and writers and people critiquing artists and writers. I'm none of those things (except in my wildest fantasies where I'm an award winning tv/comic scriptwriter) so what do I type?

Waffle, as it turns out.

Well, there you have it. My very first post on my very own blog. Whoda thunk it? Might be back tomorrow, might not. See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment